Mountain Flight Training – Topic: Crosswind Landings
Sat, Nov 16th, 2013 – 10AM
Vail Valley Jet Center Terminal B
Taylor Albrecht of Crosswind Concepts will be conducting a crosswind clinic at Eagle on Saturday November 16th 2013 at 10:00 AM in Terminal B of the Vail Valley Jet Center If you’re a pilot that could use a little help on your crosswind landing skills, this is the seminar for you. It qualifies for WINGS credit and is sure to be one of the most informative and productive educational seminars of the year.
Crosswind landing are the number one real-world weather related cause of accidents in General Aviation. Paul Dickson of Crosswind Concepts, LTD. has been teaching and training for over 20 years. He has learned how to use various resources and a specialized crosswind simulator to help pilots of every level to master crosswind technique.
In this seminar you will learn about many aspects of crosswinds. We’ll obtain a weather briefing and a discuss the conditions conducive to strong winds. Then we’ll review some of the aerodynamics of flight and what those ailerons and rudders are really for. Finally we’ll discuss the proper techniques to use to create the optimal crosswind approach and landing. You’ll see a video showing a terrific tool available to help pilots and their quest to master crosswinds.
Get Started Now
- Mountain Flying Leadville
- Mountain Night Flight – Full Moon Night over the Rockies
- OpenAirplane Rental in Colorado – It just got easier to rent here in Eagle.
- Mountain Pass Flying
- Colorado Extreme Airports
- Private Pilot Ground School – Colorado
- Mountain Flight Training – Topic: Crosswind Landings
- Mountain Flight Training – Topic: Survival
- Mountain Flying Basics – Pass Crossing Altitude
- Learn Mountain Flying Basics – Route Planning
Alpine Flight School from the Vail Valley Jet Center at the Eagle County Regional Airport, located between the towns of Eagle and Gypsum, Colorado. We offer all levels of instruction in both rental and customer owned aircraft. Come fly with us and experience aviation in the heart of the Colorado Rockies.